Registration (enrollment) is done online and begins each April for the following summer and fall semesters, and each November for the following spring semester. 

Are you eligible to enroll?

People eligible to enroll in classes at WSU include:

  • Students enrolled at WSU within the last two calendar years who have not graduated with their bachelor's degree.
  • Students previously enrolled at WSU more than two years ago who have reactivated their file for the current or next term.
  • Newly admitted students for the current or next term who have signed up for orientation, completed the pre-advising worksheet at orientation (if needed), completed the placement exams (if needed), met with an advisor (if required) and have all holds released.
  • Students who are required to meet with an advisor under the following guidelines and have done so:

    Students required to meet with an advisor before enrolling:

    • Students who attend WSU straight from high school. Advising required before first and second semesters.
    • Transfer students in their first semester at WSU.
    • Current WSU students who have changed their major.
    • Students on Academic Probation.
    • Students in the following colleges at Wichita State University that have specific undergraduate student advising requirements:
      • Liberal Arts and Sciences: Undecided LAS Students and those in Pre-Majors (Pre-Medicine, Pre-Law, etc.).
      • Engineering: All students
      • Fine Arts: All students
      • Health Professions: Undecided HP Students and those who have not yet reached junior standing.
    • Honors College Advising: It is strongly recommended that you meet first with your major college academic advisor, but you are welcome to meet with Honors at any time. At least once per year, you should meet with your Honors advisor and especially as questions arise regarding your Honors curriculum. To find contact information for your advising office, please visit Academic Advising.

If you were last enrolled at WSU longer ago than two years or have just graduated with your bachelor's degree, you will need to reactivate your record. Students whose previous enrollment was only non-degree (college guest, high school guest, non-degree open admission or general non-degree) must apply through the appropriate Admissions Office for degree-bound admission.

If you have not been admitted to WSU, click here for more information on admission尊皇棋牌.

If you are an international student in F-1 status, you will need to complete the check-in process尊皇棋牌 before enrolling.

Registration Timeline

On-line registration for Summer and Fall generally begins on the first Monday of April and on-line registration for Spring generally starts the second Monday of November (check semester calendar for actual date). Registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on the first day and proceeds per the schedule below. Your classification is based on the total number of credit hours you have completed at the time of registration.

  • Monday: Seniors (90+ earned credit hrs), Honors College Members and Graduate students

  • Tuesday: Juniors (60-89 earned credit hrs)

  • Wednesday: Sophomores (30-59 earned credit hrs)

  • Thursday: Freshman (0-29 earned credit hrs)

  • Friday: Non-degree bound students

Online Enrollment

  1. You can search the schedule of courses first and write down the course number (CRN) of each course so enrollment is faster.
  2. Log in to to enroll in your courses. If you need help, contact the Help Desk at or (316) 978-HELP.
  3. To register for your classes, go to the "myClasses" tab and click "Student Registration (Banner 9)". Select the "Register/Drop/View Schedule" link.  If you are eligible to enroll, the "Register for Classes" page will display.
  4. Add a class (register) by searching for classes on the "Find Classes" tab or entering the CRNs of all the classes you want to take on the "Enter CRNs" tab.  You can enter multiple CRNs at the same time by clicking the "+Add Another CRN" link.
  5. If you choose the wrong course and need to remove it from your schedule, go to the "Register for Classes" tab and select the appropriate option from the "Action" drop-down menu then click the "Submit" button. 
  6. Some courses may have a prerequisite - another course or courses that must be completed before that course can be taken. Access your course in the online Schedule and check for required prerequisites by clicking on the course title.
  7. Some classes offer a waitlist option. Being on a waitlist does NOT guarantee that you will get into that course. Click here for more information on waitlisting.
  8. Students must make payment arrangements at the time of enrollment. Account information is available on-line. Last day to make payment arrangements is listed in each semester calendar.

For more information regarding online registration, read the Step-by-Step Guide to Registration尊皇棋牌.

Add/Drop a Class

Adding or dropping a class can be done through myWSU during the add/drop period, which can be found on the Semester Calendar. To add or drop a class:

  1. Go to the "myClasses" tab , “Registration Tools” and click "Student Registration (Banner 9)".
  2. To add a class, find the CRN (Course Registration Number) using the "Find Classes" tab and click the "Add" button on the far right.  The class will now appear in your "Summary" section.
  3. To drop a class, use the "Action" drop-down menu in the "Summary" section next to the class you wish to drop.
  4. When you have made all of your changes, click “Submit”.

For more information about registration changes, read the Step-by-Step Guide to Registration.

Cancelled Classes

Prior to the end of the second week of classes (or the proportional equivalent for shorter classes), the University reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment, or to make reassignment of instructors due to extraordinary circumstances. A full refund of enrollment fees will be automatically authorized for students who are enrolled in a class which has been cancelled. If you wish to use the refund (credit) from the cancelled class to pay the tuition for a replacement class you are “ADDING,” then you must process a “DROP” for the cancelled class at the same time you process an “ADD” for the replacement class. This must be done within the Add period for the term affected. Unless you are going to use the credit for another course, you do not have to “DROP” the cancelled course yourself. If you do nothing, we will drop the cancelled course from your schedule at the end of the second week of classes (or the proportional equivalent for shorter classes) and authorize a full refund (as appropriate).

Refund Policy

Partial or complete withdrawals require the student to drop each course via the onilne system at 尊皇棋牌. Any refunds owed to you will be used to offset any financial obligations you may have at the university. If your financial aid paid all or part of your costs, all or a portion of any refund goes back to that financial aid source.

Refunds will be issued by the Accounts Receivable Office尊皇棋牌 according to the policy on their website. Refunds will be directly deposited to the bank account you have specified or will be mailed to you by the Accounts Receivable Office. No one other than the Office of Financial Operations and Business Technology in 201 Jardine Hall or the Tuition Refund Board of Appeals is authorized to determine the amount of tuition refund a student will receive.

Students who, because of extenuating circumstances, seek a higher refund than is available by policy, must petition the Tuition Refund Board of Appeals. Petition forms are available at the Office of Financial Operations, 201 Jardine Hall or with online petition forms尊皇棋牌. The petition must be filed with the appropriate documentation. A petition for tuition refund beyond the policy must be filed at the Office of Financial Operations within the semester the course was taken.

Senior Citizen Waiver and Enrollment

In accordance with the Kansas Board of Regents policy, students who are at least 60 years of age may audit (no-credit) regular lecture or certain group activity courses without payment of tuition when there is space available and for which they meet the prerequisites. Senior Auditors must, however, pay any applicable facilities use fees, workshop fees or lab/special course fees.

Prerequisites include admission to graduate school for graduate courses, and program admission for courses in which program admission is required of all students.

尊皇棋牌To receive the tuition waiver, Senior citizens must:

  • Be admitted to the University before registering. Click here for instructions on how to become admitted as a senior citizen (for undergraduate courses). Scroll to the bottom of the page for instructions and the application. This process only needs to be done once.
  • Register in-person at Jardine Hall 102, WSU West or WSU South. Spring 2020 registration will begin on Thursday, January 23, 2020. If your class is not offered during the entire semester, call the Office of the Registrar at (316) 978-3090 to check for your enrollment date.
  • When enrolling, present a Medicare card or driver's license to validate age.

Senior citizens who wish to receive college credit must pay full fees and must register following the steps for online registration above.